Sunday, February 12, 2012

Diigo

Diigo is my favorite online bookmarking program. Who wouldn't want all of their bookmarked sites available to them where ever they go? You can sign into Diigo on any online computer and there are all your sites you have bookmarked. This has saved me in many situations. There are endless possibilities of how to use Diigo in an educational setting.

On Diigo a teacher can create a group, have her/his students join it, then post helpful links for students to explore on their own. Students can also share links with the class.

The teacher collaboration that takes place on Diigo is quite wonderful. I have received many ideas and have been inspired by what other teachers are doing in their classrooms.

The online tools of highlighting, adding notes, and capturing screen shots add another dimension to the possible collaboration.

I find Diigo especially helpful because I use so many different devices to explore the internet. I have the Diigo app on my iPhone, iPad, laptop, school computer, and home computer. It's been a lifesaver in organizing and tracking all my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment